This week consisted of three things; video editing, teaching, and wasai.
Video editing and filming took up several hours of my weekend, unfortunately, some of those hours were wasted when I realized that the camera was set to the wrong frame rate. I had to do it all over again, most of it in the last 12 hours. And to top it off, Microsoft Word updated itself and is now crashing whenever I try to access this particular blog post that I wrote yesterday. Time to do it again! It hasn’t been a happy day.
For teaching, I had two lessons on Saturday, one private and one group lesson. In the group lesson, I had fewer people than usual, only three students, but I found that it’s a good number. If I have more than five students, I find that I can’t divide my attention evenly between my students, especially if I have one that is particularly struggling.
I had another wasai lesson this Saturday too (yes, my Saturdays are incredibly busy.) We measured everything three times, found mistakes in our math, remeasured and remarked everything, and finally, after an hour, made the crucial cut to insert the gusset into my yukata. I have a ton of homework to do including finishing installing the gusset and sewing the side seams. It’s a lot of work, but my next wasai lesson won’t be for a month since from next week, I’ll be helping my teacher dress children for shichi-go-san!
Sorry for the lack of pictures this week, but there wasn’t really anything to photograph! See you all next week!